Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The1st day in Australia

My first day in Australia was happy and sad at the same time.
I was excited to come to Australia and live with with my husband in the same house, I can't wait I told my mum.
When the Immigration department gave me the visa I was really delighted but suddenly I realised that I was leaving my country, I was leaving my parents, my brothers, my friends.
Everything would change. I didn't have any idea about this country because I had never thought that one day I would leave my country for any purpose.
Neighbours, friends, relatives came to my house, I couldn't imagine the no. of the people who came to our house, It was nearly 150 persons during 4 days. I was very tired and exhausted at the same time Icouldn't sleep.
11-12-2006 was the last day with my family in Lebanon. It was the first time that I saw my dad crying a lot, I didn't know that he loved me so much, and also one of my brothers started hugging me and crying . I was afraid and I asked myself:"how will I live without them?"
My mum was really tired and she didn't stop crying and everyone looked at me.
At 12:30p.m on 11-12-2006 was the time to go to the Airport and it was a very difficult step, how can I describe my feelings? It was a very hard moment!!!
I've never forgotten these moment!!! I love my family a lot, a lot, a lot...
Then I went to the Airport with the family and we hugged and kissed and said goodbye...
From my country to Australia it took 18 hours travel which was a very long trip.
It was the first time for me to travel by plane and I didn't have any idea.
On the plane, I was very excited to see my husband who had left me after we got married because my visa wasn't ready.
When I arrived to Sydney Airport which was crowded, a lot of people were waiting and I started to search for my husband. I found him finally, he had brought a bunch of red flowers for me.
I was happy and my sister-in-law who I was meeting for the first time came to the Airport too.
Then they took me to their family house where the rest of the family were waiting for me. We talked about the trip, the family and many things.
I was very tired and too excited to sleep at the same time.
My husband and I went to our house, which surprised me with the beautiful furniture in it, and also he prepared some food for me. We enjoyed that night.
I hoped my new life in Australia would be successful and happy.

1 comment:

  1. Through your letter,I saw that scene. I had the same feeling when I was preparing to come Australia.

    ReplyDelete