Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A SPECIAL DAY 09/09/09



09/09/09 was a really special and interesting day. I think a lot of people waited for this date to celebrate their own parties or wedding.
When I got married in Lebanon I asked my husband to celebrate our wedding day on 06/06/06 but actually he had already told his boss that he needed a holiday after that date and we had the wedding on 02/07/06.
Yesterday was the 19th date of fasting in Ramadan, we've actually been fasting for 1 month, so all Muslims in the world are fasting from sunrise to sunset and have no food nor water during the day.
We had special food, special drinks and delicious sweets that we cooked and prepared for this month.During Ramadan there are lots of prayers that you do it it in the evening.(It would be better if you did it in the mosque).
Now I live in Sydney and this was my Aussie 09/09/09. First I went to TAFE ,I was a bit late because I woke up later than usual .
In class we talked with Silivia our teacher about the weather in australia and she tried to make us listen to the weather report on the radio which was a bit faster than the one I watched on T.V. but we learnt the meanings of different words. Then after the break we had Rosa who had her birthday yesterday, but I forgot to say Happy Birthday for her.
We're still practising with her the Present Perfect ,and she told us that an exhibition of modern cars was on at TAFE yesterday, so when I finished my class I saw those wonderful and fabulous cars but I didn't take a photo of them because they were very fast on the Princess Highway.
Anyway I came back home where was lots of work to do. My daughter was sleeping so I was in a hurry to prepare what I wanted to cook before she got up.
I cooked Okra with rice, soup, salad, pizza and also I prepared delicious sweets. Guess what?
They are traditional sweets, my husband loves them and me too!
You can see the photo of this kind of sweets, we called (Mafroukeh).
I made a phone call overseas to my family. I felt homesick.
My daughter got up @ 4:45 very haugry and I fed her some food and some fruit. I was very happy because she's eating much better than before.
At 5:45 it was time to eat and nothing else! we enjoyed eating the food and when we finished our dinner , we started to do the washing-up and tidied-up the kitchen.
Then I prayed with my husband and my daughter too.
Rosa I hope you celebrate and enjoyed your Birthday

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lina, i like your sweets.This is very delicious.Will you tell me how to make this sweets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so delicious!My mouth is full of water!I want to learn how to cook them, could you teach me how to cook them in your free time!

    ReplyDelete