Sunday, August 30, 2009

Interesting holiday




Last holiday Iwas very busy and at the same time exhausted.


We went to do some some shopping with my husband and we bought lots of things which were on special and then we came back home to prepare delicious food. I also prepared food for the next week because, you know, this level of English has a lot more homework than the level before.

Ramadan was coming the following week, so this weekend was the last before Ramadan would start, so in our tradition , the hole family has a barbecue, for example in the park, and has lots of fun.

My husband told me that we should go out to have dinner in Bankstown. There's a delicious Thai restaurant there. I like this restaurant because the food is always fresh and healthy .

We enjoyed that dinner with the family and I wished my family (living overseas) were with us because I feel homesick about them. Then we came back home.

I received many gifts from my mum, she sent 2 lovely dresses for my daughter , and special sweets that we eat in Ramadan and also a very nice tracksuit for me .


I called her to say thanks for the gifts and I wished to see her soon . Actually I'm very fond of her.

On Sunday I had to prepare my homework, which was a presentation by borrowing a book from the library and then I had to tell my classmates about it.

While I was reading the book I received a call from my friends and we talked about our kids and what she was doing on the weekend. Also we talked about my studies and she told me that my English had improved a lot because the week before we were on the Internet chatting online.

I was really proud of myself.

When I finished this call I continued to prepare this presentation by writing some paragraphs about it. Then I decided to practise this presentation on the audacity program by recording my
voice to make sure that I'll do it very well.

2 comments:

  1. I'm very proud of you, LIna. It is so good to see students not afraid of trying new technologies in order to improve their English! YOu are a great role model to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You are our study model! You are active in oue calass, I enjoy our discussing.^-^!

    ReplyDelete